abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Volunteer to help with Confluence?
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2008 18:42:08 GMT
I don't think we really need another space. Really what we need to do is
take the existing Index/Navigation [1][2] in the ABDERA space and use
that to generate a site. Later we can improve the content to include all
the info from the main website provided everyone is on board with that.
I think all that you should need to modify is the auto-export
configuration so that when the site exports it looks pretty :-)

Dan

1. http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ABDERA/Navigation
2. http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ABDERA/Index

David Calavera wrote:
> [...]
>> skills really. :-) I'm sure if someone wanted to contribute some logo ideas
>> everyone would gladly mull them over!
>>
>> Dan
>>

>> David Calavera wrote:
>>
>> Yep, it makes sense. My jira id is "david.calavera".
>>
>> Btw, currently abdera home page shows the atom logo, have you thought on
>> change it?
>>
>> On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Dan Diephouse <dan.diephouse@mulesource.com>
wrote:

>>  Hi David,
>>
>> Sure!
>>
>> So to refresh on how Apache & Confluence work, we have the actual
>> confluence install here - I'm not sure that you need to get this going
>> on your local machine. And then this gets exported here -http://cwiki.apache.org/ABDERA/.
>>
>> This exporting is done via the auto-export plugin. What we need to do is
>> tweak the auto-export configuration to use a reasonable template. I
>> think this can be done here:
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/admin/autoexport/configuration.action
>>
>> In essence all one needs to do is go to "edit template" then paste in
>> something appropriate. My idea was that maybe we could steal the
>> ApacheDS template and tweak the color scheme/logo a bit? I'm open to
>> anything else you're willing to do though. My main concern at this point
>> is that there is no navigation bar on the exported site. And of course
>> the big secondary concern is its sort of ugly :-)
>>
>> Some random notes:
>> * You may need special permissions to do this. If so, email me your JIRA
>> username and I'll arrange that.
>> * I'm not sure that you need to get Confluence going on your local
>> machine. Its ok if our site looks bad for a little bit while someone
>> sorts it out. If its going to be any extended period of time you can
>> always hit "Restore Default" for the Abdera auto-export configuration.
>> * Once you change a template you can reexport the Abdera space on the
>> autoexport configuration page.
>>
>> Does that make sense?
>>
>> - Dan
>>
>> David Calavera wrote:
>>

>>  Hey Dan,
>>
>> I've installed confluence but I don't know how to start. I'm not sure if

>>  can work with the default templates or I should work with a specific
>>

>>  one.
>>

>>  Can you help me?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:53 AM, David Calavera <
>>

>>  david.calavera@gmail.com>
>>

>>  wrote:
>>

>>  I've readed something about confluence, I suppose you want to export a
>> html template from a site. I think I could do it but any help is
>>

>>  welcome.
>>

>>  On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Dan Diephouse <dan.diephouse@mulesource.com>
wrote:

>>  Anyone out there willing to help put together a confluence template
>> together for us? Our generated site looks kinda ugly at the moment...

We would probably want a slightly