abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Volunteer to help with Confluence?
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 16:49:29 GMT
<head>
</head>
OK, you should have perms to do this now. <br>
I guess we'll keep the atom logo for now? I don't have any graphic
design skills really. :-) I'm sure if someone wanted to contribute some
logo ideas everyone would gladly mull them over!<br>
Dan<br>
David Calavera wrote:
 cite="mid:baf7e05c0803111651h716fb3b2qa85ed73119f58194@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">Yep, it makes sense. My jira id is "david.calavera".

Btw, currently abdera home page shows the atom logo, have you thought on
change it?

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:23 AM, Dan Diephouse &lt;
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:dan.diephouse@mulesource.com">dan.diephouse@mulesource.com</a>&gt;
wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Hi David,

Sure!

So to refresh on how Apache &amp; Confluence work, we have the actual
confluence install here - I'm not sure that you need to get this going
on your local machine. And then this gets exported here -
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://cwiki.apache.org/ABDERA/">http://cwiki.apache.org/ABDERA/</a>.

This exporting is done via the auto-export plugin. What we need to do is
tweak the auto-export configuration to use a reasonable template. I
think this can be done here:

<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/admin/autoexport/configuration.action">http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/admin/autoexport/configuration.action</a>

In essence all one needs to do is go to "edit template" then paste in
something appropriate. My idea was that maybe we could steal the
ApacheDS template and tweak the color scheme/logo a bit? I'm open to
anything else you're willing to do though. My main concern at this point
is that there is no navigation bar on the exported site. And of course
the big secondary concern is its sort of ugly :-)

Some random notes:
* You may need special permissions to do this. If so, email me your JIRA
username and I'll arrange that.
* I'm not sure that you need to get Confluence going on your local
machine. Its ok if our site looks bad for a little bit while someone
sorts it out. If its going to be any extended period of time you can
always hit "Restore Default" for the Abdera auto-export configuration.
* Once you change a template you can reexport the Abdera space on the
autoexport configuration page.

Does that make sense?

- Dan

David Calavera wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Hey Dan,

I've installed confluence but I don't know how to start. I'm not sure if
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">can work with the default templates or I should work with a specific
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">one.
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Can you help me?

Regards

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:53 AM, David Calavera &lt;
      </pre>
    <pre wrap=""><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:david.calavera@gmail.com">david.calavera@gmail.com</a>&gt;
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">wrote:

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">I've readed something about confluence, I suppose you want to export
html template from a site. I think I could do it but any help is
        </pre>
    <pre wrap="">welcome.
    </pre>
        <pre wrap="">
On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 12:12 AM, Dan Diephouse &lt;
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:dan.diephouse@mulesource.com">dan.diephouse@mulesource.com</a>&gt;
wrote:

        </pre>
          <pre wrap="">Anyone out there willing to help put together a confluence template
together for us? Our generated site looks kinda ugly at the moment...
:-)

The Apache Directory project has a really good one that we could rip:
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://directory.apache.org/">http://directory.apache.org/</a>
We would probably want a slightly
          </pre>
    <pre wrap="">different
    </pre>
          <pre wrap="">color scheme and of course a different logo, but the basics could
be
there already.

I can give pointers as necessary, but I don't quite have the bandwidth
at the moment.

Dan

--
Dan Diephouse