abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Volunteer to help with Confluence?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 23:23:59 GMT
Hi David,

Sure!

So to refresh on how Apache & Confluence work, we have the actual
confluence install here - I'm not sure that you need to get this going
on your local machine. And then this gets exported here -
http://cwiki.apache.org/ABDERA/.

This exporting is done via the auto-export plugin. What we need to do is
tweak the auto-export configuration to use a reasonable template. I
think this can be done here:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/admin/autoexport/configuration.action

In essence all one needs to do is go to "edit template" then paste in
something appropriate. My idea was that maybe we could steal the
ApacheDS template and tweak the color scheme/logo a bit? I'm open to
anything else you're willing to do though. My main concern at this point
is that there is no navigation bar on the exported site. And of course
the big secondary concern is its sort of ugly :-)

Some random notes:
* You may need special permissions to do this. If so, email me your JIRA
username and I'll arrange that.
* I'm not sure that you need to get Confluence going on your local
machine. Its ok if our site looks bad for a little bit while someone
sorts it out. If its going to be any extended period of time you can
always hit "Restore Default" for the Abdera auto-export configuration.
* Once you change a template you can reexport the Abdera space on the
autoexport configuration page.

Does that make sense?

- Dan