abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Abdera 0.4.0-incubating Take 3
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 00:54:48 GMT
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 1:21 PM, Dan Diephouse
<dan.diephouse@mulesource.com> wrote:
> I've update the release to contain the bug fix from James:
>  Binary distributions:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~dandiep/abdera-take4/org/apache/abdera/apache-abdera/0.4.0-incubating/apache-abdera-0.4.0-incubating.zip
>  http://people.apache.org/~dandiep/abdera-take4/org/apache/abdera/apache-abdera/0.4.0-incubating/apache-abdera-0.4.0-incubating.tar.gz
>
>  Source distributions:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~dandiep/abdera-take4/org/apache/abdera/apache-abdera/0.4.0-incubating/apache-abdera-0.4.0-incubating-src.zip
>  http://people.apache.org/~dandiep/abdera-take4/org/apache/abdera/apache-abdera/0.4.0-incubating/apache-abdera-0.4.0-incubating-src.tar.gz
>
>  Maven Repository: http://people.apache.org/~dandiep/abdera-take4/
>
>  I don't think we need to restart the vote as the only thing that has
>  changed is the inclusion of a critical bug fix, but if anyone feels that
>  we do, let me know.
>
>  Actually, now that I think about it, its nearly time to pass this off to
>  the incubator list for the vote completion!

For what it's worth, I would be 100% against moving forward with this
change if we weren't going to do another vote on the incubator list
anyway.  It's vitally important that we only release artifacts that
people have actually vetted and voted on.  I certainly trust that
there are no intentional changes other than that fix, but that doesn't
mean there were no mistakes.  It's certainly happened in the past that
some unintentional cruft made it into the release zips due to an
accident.

It's somewhat less critical now because another vote is going to
happen anyway, but still, slipping in changes at the last minute
without voting on them is very uncool.

-garrett