abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "David Primmer" <david.prim...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JdbcCollectionAdapter class name is ambiguous
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 18:55:16 GMT
Lets hope there will be lots of adapters and people will have some
sort of naming system to follow so that their new adapter can fit into
a product space with other adpaters. I won't be a stickler on the
package names. But what if we had some other method of applying this
metadata? I'm thinking more of a directory that would list these
adapters rather than requiring someone hunt through source code. High
level categories for what you want to do and then tag the specific
adapaters with implementation details. We will have several database
adapters that are all common in that they do some sql at some point.
But we should also be able to add more metadata. Think about how
firefox or eclipse plugin sites work.

davep