abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Maven Distro Status
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 00:21:57 GMT
I did some work on the Maven distribution today as I think we need to
start using a single build for releases (doing both ant and Maven for
the distro causes all sorts of issues...). To build the distribution do:

$ mvn -Pdeploy install

This executes the deploy profile which includes the distribution. Then
you'll have a distro in distribution/target :-) I just pushed out one if
you want to download it as well:

http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/abdera/abdera-distribution/0.4.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT/abdera-distribution-0.4.0-incubating-20080226.001505-1.tar.gz

Some outstanding items:
* There are two activation jars floating around in lib/. I need to track
down the rogue POM and fix this.
* I decided to include only the dependencies for the server and client
side of things. What extension/adapter modules do we want to distribute
all the libraries for, if any?
* We need to generate NOTICE files for each individual abdera module.
I'm not sure how the 0.3.0 release got through the door without this -
I'm guessing the incubator people didn't inspect the Maven repo. There
is a Maven plugin (maven-shared-resources) which can handle this for us
and make it somewhat easier.
* Do we have a place where we're putting all the licenses? I see a few
scattered about. It may make sense to throw them all in
distribution/src/main/licenses
* I still need to add in the source distribution.

I'll continue work on this tonight/tomorrow.

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource