abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject building adapters
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2008 17:48:29 GMT
So far we have JCR, CouchDb and Ibatis based adapters.  These are
currently not built as part of the ant or maven build process.  It is
likely that we'll get more adapters over time, each with their own sets
of dependencies.  With the maven build it is obviously easier to deal
with the differences in dependencies.  Things are more difficult in the
ant build, however.  While it makes sense to have a complete build that
compiles everything, I would rather not require that everyone who wants
to build abdera has to download jcr, ibatis, couchdb4j, etc if they
don't intend to use those adapters.  I am considering giving each
adapter it's own ant build so each can be built independently.  The
Abdera distribution build would build each of the adapters but it could
be turned off.  The ant files for each of the adapters would be
responsible for handling it's own dependencies.  Does that work?

- James