abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Vasudeva Nori" <vasun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: google feed server - problem: conf\feedserver\adapter\sample.properties file not found
Date Mon, 25 Feb 2008 19:57:08 GMT
I am a bit familiar with both google feedserver and abdera. so, let me take
the liberty of answering this...

if you are using google-feedserver code with abdera libs in
<google-feedserver>/lib, then the properties file needs to go in to
conf/feedserver/adapter dir.
and use run.sh script to run jetty.
should work with tomcat also, I would think. I haven't used tomcat in a
while.

but if you are downloading abdera code and compiling it, and are not using
google-feedserver code at all, then AbstractServerConfiguration.java tells
you where the server looks for the adapter configuration files. (needs to be
in your java classpath, of course)
you could also extend the class and place the config files where you like.

google-feedserver code is almost entirely absorbed into abdera (in a
slightly different form). so, you should be able to just use LATEST abdera
code for all your purposes.
google-feedserver is not yet refactored to work with abdera 0.4.0. but it
may become a specialized server, now that abdera has digested most of its
code.

hope this helps..
(also, in the future, maye you want to cross-post your feedserver questions
to google-feedserver mailing list also)