abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Smith" <br...@briansmith.org>
Subject RE: RFC compliance questions
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:24:27 GMT

See RFC 5023, Section 5: 'While specific HTTP status codes are shown in
the interaction diagrams below, an AtomPub client should be prepared to
handle any status code.  For example, a PUT to a Member URI could result
in the return of a "204 No Content" status code, which still indicates
success.' Notice that whenever the 200 OK status code is referenced, it
is not using RFC 2119 language (SHOULD or MUST).

> 2) ProviderHelper.isValidEntry will return false for an
> entry with no summary but with a content item of XML type.
> The RFC says, if I read correctly, that the summary item
> is not required if the entry contains a content item of
> XML type.

Your interpretation is correct. No summary is needed unless the content
element has a "src" attribute or it Base64-encoded. Additionally, if
there is no content element, no summary is required either.

- Brian