abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "David Primmer" <david.prim...@gmail.com>
Subject Announcing Google FeedServer
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:05:21 GMT
Hello,
I'd like to announce a little project that we've been working on for a while
at Google and would like the feedback of the Abdera community. We're really
excited about the potential of Abdera and have chosen it as the foundation
for an open-source Atom Publishing Protocol Server. We hope that the
approach we've taken is helpful to those who would like to create read/write
Atom feeds for existing data sources.

There are more details below, but I just wanted to give a quick update on
where we'd like to go from here. We have lots of plans for the FeedServer,
and would like to contribute back to the Abdera project. The FeedServer was
conceived as a separate product and could possibly be an Abdera sub-project
when it graduates from incubator. We are also considering how we will use it
for the Data API portion of the Shindig project. For now, we have a project
on Google's Codesite that should give people the opportunity to look it over
and offer feedback:

http://code.google.com/p/google-feedserver/

We think we have some good docs up on the Codesite wiki. To dive in and see
what we've done, we've created an intro to the source code for developers
http://code.google.com/p/google-feedserver/wiki/SourceCodeWalkthrough

Feel free to discuss here or join the Google
group<http://groups.google.com/group/google-feedserver>for the
FeedServer.

Special thanks to Jeff Pitman, Jun Yang, Vasu Nori, Chris Anderson, Sanjay
Baberwal, Jeff Scudder, Brandon Nutter James Snell, DeWitt Clinton and Mark
Stahl.

davep