abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Stefan Guggisberg" <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JcrCollectionProvider
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 17:42:59 GMT
On Jan 26, 2008 1:52 AM, Dan Diephouse <dan.diephouse@mulesource.com> wrote:

> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> > hi everybody,
> >
> > please allow me to quickly introduce myself. i am a committer in the
> > apache jackrabbit project
> > and also an active member of the jsr-170 and jsr-283 expert groups.
> > not too surprisingly
> > i think that APP and JCR are a natural fit ;-)
> >
> > i noticed that there's already JCR support in abdera (i.e.
> > JcrCollectionProvider). i'd be
> > therefore very interested to learn more about your experiences with
> > JCR/jackrabbit.
> >
> > what are the biggest problems you're facing when using jackrabbit?  if
> > there's anything
> > i can help in making it easier for you to integrate jackrabbit as a
> > persistence layer i'd be
> > happy to support your efforts :)
> >
> > cheers
> > stefan
> >
> I think the main thing that it could use is just a review from someone
> who actually understands JCR :-) If you were interested in just checking
> out my JCR code I'd appreciate it.

i had a quick look at the JcrColelctionProvider code and i think i found some
minor issues, e.g. node removals were not persisted, potential endless
recursion in createEntry method & potential NPE in getUpdated method.

apart from that i only did some minor tidying up.

here's a link to my changes:
http://www.day.com/o.file/JcrColelctionProvider.patch?get=3189a551e523acd0d8dec82c203646df

furthermore, i think that node (i.e. entry) names might not be handled
consistently
on node creation & retrieval. they're e.g. 'sanitized' before
creation, but not so
before read access.  OTOH i only have a very rough idea of Atom/APP and i don't
know any of the abdera internals. therefore i might well be wrong ;)

if you want me to, i will digg deeper and have a closer look at the
implementation.

cheers
stefan