abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject TargetBuilder/TargetResolver questions
Date Tue, 29 Jan 2008 02:12:32 GMT
I'm trying to migrate my app to the new codebase but am having problems
in the area of URI resolution still. I have a few questions...

1. Looking at CustomProvider, it seems the TargetBuilder completely
specifies the URI space. We should be able to deduce all of the stuff
the RegexTargetResolver does in that case from the TargetBuilder.  So it
seems to be that at the very least TemplateTargetBuilder should
implement Resolver<Target>.

2. Is a TargetBuilder always going to be required now (for the
RequestContext.urlFor methods)?

3. Given this expression:

setTemplate(TargetType.TYPE_COLLECTION,
"{target_base}/{collection}{-opt|?|q,c,s,p,l,i,o}{-join|&|q,c,s,p,l,i,o}");

And a "target_base" of "/api", I get out URIs like: "%2Fapi/registry".
I'm simply using this method in SimpleAdapter inside
AbstactCollectionAdaptor:

  public String getHref(RequestContext request) {
    Map<String,Object> params = new HashMap<String,Object>();
    params.put("collection", href);
    return request.urlFor(TargetType.TYPE_COLLECTION, params);
  }

This behavior doesn't seem right to me. Any ideas on the escaping?

4. In SimpleAdapter - getHref and getFeedBaseUri should return the same
thing right? They're just two different ways of doing so?

Thanks,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse