abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: JcrCollectionProvider
Date Sat, 26 Jan 2008 00:52:35 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
> please allow me to quickly introduce myself. i am a committer in the
> apache jackrabbit project
> and also an active member of the jsr-170 and jsr-283 expert groups.
> not too surprisingly
> i think that APP and JCR are a natural fit ;-)
>
> i noticed that there's already JCR support in abdera (i.e.
> JcrCollectionProvider). i'd be
> therefore very interested to learn more about your experiences with
> JCR/jackrabbit.
>
> what are the biggest problems you're facing when using jackrabbit?  if
> there's anything
> i can help in making it easier for you to integrate jackrabbit as a
> persistence layer i'd be
> happy to support your efforts :)
>
> cheers
> stefan

I think the main thing that it could use is just a review from someone
who actually understands JCR :-) If you were interested in just checking
out my JCR code I'd appreciate it.

The other thing we really need to figure out his how to store extension
elements inside Abdera. i.e. take an Axiom Element and convert it into a
Node. I suppose we could write a xml storage converter like the one
built into JCR. Any recommendations?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse