abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Server module refactoring
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2008 16:57:47 GMT

David Calavera wrote:
> I've followed the developers list thread and I welcome the refactor. I think
> the new architecture is quite more simple than the old one and the pdf
> explains it very well.

Good to hear.

> By the way, I'm not totally agreed with Dan when he says that the default
> regex target resolver should distinguish the target based on the content
> type too. I understand the requirement but I think this could be a job for a
> more specific resolver like StructuredResolver.

Yeah, I'm not convinced either.  The resolver design was intended to
allow varying approaches and I have no problem if
StructuredTargetResolver wants to use the content type, but the
regextargetresolver likely should not.

> On the other hand, what happens with the Spring extension? Dan, are you
> going to refactor it too? When you finish the server refactor I'd like to
> take a look to the spring extension in order to rewrite my abdera
> implementation, so I will be glad to contribute.

Dan has already done some refactoring.  I don't know if he was planning
to do more.  Since I don't use spring, it would definitely be good to
have more eyes looking at it to see what else needs to change

- James