abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: further thoughts on abdera versus feedserver
Date Thu, 24 Jan 2008 21:52:00 GMT
This sounds fine, especially since I suspect that y'all will want to
implement some adapters with fairly google/gdata specific
extensions/features.

As part of the server factoring, the core the feed-server stuff has been
worked in, although Dan and I share some concerns about the limitations
of the Adapter interface (BasicAdapter in the server refactoring).
Within the Abdera core, we could probably just provide the basic
mechanisms and if y'all want to keep the restricted methods, it is very
simple to create an abstract CollectionAdapter implementation that makes
that happen (see BasicAdapter).

- James