abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Feedback round 2 [was Re: Server Refactoring - Overview]
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 16:01:50 GMT
Looking good. But even more new comments! Hopefully you aren't sick of
me yet :-)

Can we collapse ServiceContext and Provider? I would propose then that
Provider gets getters/setters for Resolver<Subject>/<Target>. If we did
this we could get rid of ServiceContext too I think -- which would
remove one more step for the user. I did a similar thing with when I
made it implement Resolver<Target>. While I think this should be
pluggable, I really think users should not have to configure a resolver
by default.

Along these lines I think we should remove the instantiation code which
is in DefaultServiceContext. IMO this is the job of a container of some
sort. I mean container in the broadest sense here.  For instance, I
think it could be wrapped up in something like a
PropertiesProviderBuilder. It could then configure a whole provider
instance - including resolvers, workspace manager, and collectionadapters.

Transactional.begin/end needs to take RequestContext so I can store a
JCR session in it.

The JCR tests provide a good means to test if the basic ServiceProvider
stuff I wrote still roughly works.

My feeling is that CollectionInfo should not extend CollectionAdapter.
While I agree that people will probably implement both CollectionInfo
and CollectionAdapter by default, sometimes you want to just return the
metadata.

Re: BasicAdapter - I'm still unconvinced about this API and its ability
to support the necessary semantics for generic APP stores.

CollectionAdapterManager should be in the basic package if we keep the
basic stuff around.

I get the feeling that
WorkspaceManager.checkMethod/checkTarget/getMethods can all probably go.
Could we not work that logic into the CollectionAdapter.extensionRequest?

I still don't think its a good idea for a Provider to act as its own
WorkspaceManager per my previous email.

Shouldn't the WorkspaceInfo logic in DefaultProvider be in WorkspaceManager?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource