abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: FeedServer Review
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2008 19:11:44 GMT
<head>
</head>
Vasu Nori wrote:
 cite="mid:41a5ab360801171001jbdea838nd275ae34c8a53c@mail.gmail.com"
 type="cite">
  <pre wrap="">On Jan 16, 2008 11:39 AM, Dan Diephouse <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:dan.diephouse@mulesource.com">&lt;dan.diephouse@mulesource.com&gt;</a>
wrote:

  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">If you want to do this at the workspace level, this can all be done
dynamically right now by implementing WorkspaceInfo. If you want to
dynamically list out workspaces you extend AbstractServiceProvider and
implement getWorkspaces().

    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
Dan
sounds great.. I tried to do this but couldn't really figure out how to do
this.
could you please post an example to do this?

thanks

  </pre>
Try looking at this:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://svn.galaxy.muleforge.org/browse/galaxy/trunk/web/src/main/java/org/mule/galaxy/atom/ArtifactVersionWorkspaceInfo.java?r=60">http://svn.galaxy.muleforge.org/browse/galaxy/trunk/web/src/main/java/org/mule/galaxy/atom/ArtifactVersionWorkspaceInfo.java?r=60</a><br>
In my application I have a collection of Artifacts. Each artifact has a
collection of artifact versions. So I created a workspace for the
artifact versions, but I didn't want to actually list out all the
artifacts - that would be wayyyy too much time and too big of a
services document. I created an ArtifactVersionWorkspaceInfo instead <br>
This is a slightly old example, so there would be 2 small differences
now:<br>
1. "id" would now be a URI fragment which you would have to parse. I.e.
"artifactVersions/123"<br>
2. I think you would have to return null if it wasn't found.<br>
Does that help?<br>
Also, I just want to clarify some things:<br>
1. The reason I'm being a stickler about this stuff is that
fundamentally I think we're trying to do the same thing API wise.
Adapter/CP approaches are rather similar I think. <br>
2. I'm also not saying the CP stuff is perfect. The API/ServiceProvider
code could surely be cleaned up.<br>
3. I strongly support the idea that we need an array of CPs/Adapters
which don't necessarily require the developer. Like your JdbcAdapter.
Or the JcrCollectionProvider. It'd be awesome if we just had a
component which people could deploy which would do this. (Which seems
to be what you're working on IIUC).<br>
4. I don't really care too much if we go with Provider or Adapter as
the name. I just think we should be consistent. It should either be
(Service/Workspace/Collection)Provider or
(Service/Workspace/Collection)Adapter.<br>
- Dan<br>
<pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource