abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Announcing Google FeedServer
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 01:56:28 GMT
Hello Dave,

Very happy to see this.  After quickly reading through the docs and
browsing the source, there looks to be some very valuable function
provided, much of which I think could easily become part of Abdera.

The Adapter mechanism looks particularly good but I would like to see if
we could get some closer alignment between this and the work that Dan
Diephouse has been doing, and the new StreamWriter, StreamBuilder and
(poorly-named) EntityProvider mechanisms.  For performance reasons, it
would really be ideal if Adapter implementations could use the
StreamWriter interface for serializing feeds and entries.

I do notice that the FeedServerProvider is currently rather limited in
function (e.g. no service document, no media post support, no feed
paging).  I assume these functions will be added over time?

Oh, and are you aware that Abdera already has a MethodOverrideFilter? :-)

- James