abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Vasu Nori" <vasun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Merging in the server refactorin
Date Mon, 28 Jan 2008 19:24:23 GMT
no problem.

We have had a real customer using the google feedserver for a few days and
have come up with a few changes to the code - which could be useful
additions/changes to the adapter framework now added to Abdera.

1. Usage of files to set configuration of various components. We have
created a separate class to handle this part, instead of having file-reader
code in multiple places in the code. This allowed to pass in configuration
info either through files or through java objects passed in from other
applications on the same JVM.

2. skinned code from AbstractAdapter to be moved into AdapterUtil class
(specific to various adapters) and fixed some bugs

3. created config files to work with postgres, mysql databases for
JdbcAdapter. I think, over time, we would need to create config files for
ALL commonly-used databases and make it a complete set - so that the
abdera-users can have reference implementations of JdbcAdapters for all
databases (speaking of reference adapters, when can we submit our adapters
into Abdera - so that Abdera will start collecting adapters for every
datasource)

4. more unittests and functional tests.