abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Vasu Nori" <vasun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: meeting to discuss integrating FeedServer?
Date Tue, 15 Jan 2008 01:47:30 GMT

> > I agree with James point on transactional semantics in
> CollectionProvider.
> > should be moved to an adapter. The methods - begin(), end() - in
> > CollectionProvider seem to indicate maintenance of some sortof state
> between
> > server and the caller.
> >
> These don't imply any kind of server state.  They are simply used for
> scenarios where you want to start/stop the local database transaction.
>
> - Dan

local database = database on the server?

to me, it is confusing see non-REST methods being declared in core abdera
interfaces which may be implemented by the user while building an
Abdera-based server.
To simplify the server implementation, I would like to have just the
necessary and sufficient interfaces/classes from Abdera to implement the
server, which will handle Atom protocol completely.
anything extra, could be an extension that the user may or maynot wish to
implement - but not part of the core classes..