abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Vasu Nori" <vasun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Announcing Google FeedServer
Date Fri, 11 Jan 2008 18:23:23 GMT
On Jan 11, 2008 10:14 AM, David Primmer <david.primmer@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dan, we had long discussions about the CollectionProvidor approach and we
> do
> think it's a good approach. We wanted to get what we had out (some written
> before we saw your code) and then discuss the differences. We anticipate
> using both.We wanted a system that didn't require the dev to re implement
> all the basic atom crud for each collection and only specify the data
> translation rules.

This is referring to the Adapter approach.

one of the goals of google-feedserver was to separate the 2 concerns: atom
protocol implementation and data operations (CRUD) on the datasources.

all classes in com.google.feedserver.server package implement logic to
handle atom protocol - of course, brains behind this whole code is Abdera.

all classes in com.google.feedserver.adapter package implement the logic to
do CRUD on data from the datasources. Hopefully, this part is something
other Abdera developers/users can utilize..

vasu