abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Moseley" <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r591523 - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk: core/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/parser/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/util/ core/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/writer/ examples/src/main/ja
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2007 22:28:01 GMT
On Nov 6, 2007 2:05 PM, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Right now, the implementation flushes the buffer automatically during
> write.  We can have an option to disable autoflushing.  We can leave
> reseting the buffer to whatever stream/writer we're writing to.

okay, but that doesn't address two points: how does the error get
communicated to the client, and how does the StreamWriter know to
reset the buffer and write the error information instead?

for the former, how about an abdera:error wrapping an atom:id and a
specific error condition element? something like this:

<abdera:unknown-entry-generation-error>This is the message from the
exception that the Provider
caught.</abdera:unknown-entry-generation-error>

specific exceptions can provide their own error condition elements,
and clients can code for them.

for the latter, maybe StreamWriter needs a sendError(Exception) method
that clears the underlying stream's buffer and writes the error and
flushes it?