abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: Problem with JAR naming ( was Re: [Announce] Apache Abdera 0.3.0)
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 15:09:17 GMT
On 10/23/07, Dan Diephouse <dan.diephouse@mulesource.com> wrote:
> Along these same lines, it concerns me that we're in essence publishing
> two versions of the same release. The one built by ant and the one built
> by maven which is published to the incubating repository. The resulting
> jars will be slightly different.
>
> The easiest way to resolve this IMO is to just have Maven do all the
> release publishing (mvn release:prepare, mvn release:perform
> -DreleaseRepository...). We would have to add another module to the
> maven build to build the release assembly, but that is done easily enough.
>
> The other way is to manually upload POMs & Jars for the artifacts.
>
> I would be more than willing to get the Maven build in shape so that
> releases are possibly with it, but wondering what people think about
> doing releases with Maven in the first place.

As long as someone is willing to do the leg work I have no problem with this.

I was hoping to get around to an ant+ivy build that would give us some
of the benefits of maven but without the issues, but honestly it's
unlikely I'll get to it any time soon.  Real Live (tm) has cut into my
hacking time considerably lately, and I don't see that changing much
over the next 6 months or so.

-garrett