abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: failing parser test
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 20:23:23 GMT
> I'm not convinced that we can call it buggy.  The stream has to be fully
> consumed before the parsed objects can be modified.

That seems kind of lame to me.  The incremental parsing is an
implementation detail, I don't see why a user of the API should need
to know that it's happening, and if it does it certainly doesn't seem
like they should have to work around it by doing something like
calling clone on that node.  That's such a hack.

If anything it seems like modifying a node should force parsing to be
completed up to that point in the stream.

-garrett