abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: Problem with JAR naming ( was Re: [Announce] Apache Abdera 0.3.0)
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 17:45:43 GMT
James M Snell wrote:
> ... must ... resist ... maven ... bashing ... must ... not ... give in
> ... to ... natural ... impulse ...

Haha, I do understand, really I do.

<philosphizing>The larger picture though is that I work on a dozen or so
open source projects and I find it insanely difficult to learn new
builds every time. Maven standardizes all that. So if a project is
configured correctly I can get it going within a minute. I can do
releases with just a few commands I already know. As can other people. I
don't dispute that Ant has its advantages. Its just that on average, it
doesn't pay for me to use Ant :-)</philosophizing>
> ... then again, I'm also not going to have the time to keep serving as
> the release manager and, like Garrett, I don't have the time to change
> the build process.  If someone is willing to do the work and provide
> non-mavenites like myself with proper step-by-step build instructions,
> go for it.

Well how about I whip something up for 0.4 and we can evaluate things
from there? You never know, you might like it ;-)

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource