abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: The Road to 1.0
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 00:50:02 GMT
James M Snell wrote:
> We've received some good feedback on the user mailing list indicating
> that we need better docs, examples, and need to stablize the APIs.
> Personally, I think it's about time we start thinking about what we need
> to do to get to 1.0 and graduate from the incubator.  I'd very much like
> to see Abdera become a top level project with things like the server
> module, various extensions, the IRI code, etc branching off into
> separate subprojects.  What do we need to do to get there?
>
> - James

I think it depends on how comfortable people are with the current APIs.
Personally, I think the server side could use another round of cleanup
for the release.  I need to think through this a little more and will
try to post an email later explaining. The client, model, and IRI APIs
seem quite reasonable to me though.

The other required area is documentation. I know that I need to document
the CollectionProvider stuff, but there is a ton more to do.

Other stuff seems optional, like example providers.

Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse