abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: failing parser test
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2007 06:54:38 GMT

On Oct 8, 2007, at 9:10 PM, Dan Diephouse wrote:

> I think this test should be disabled for now. I don't think its
> good policy to just leave a failing test in the build. The build
> should *always* build and *always* run the tests IMO.  The issue
> can just be marked as a blocker for the release and revisited when
> time/priorities permit. As a user and developer its very
> frustrating to find a build that doesn't work (like the maven build
> in abdera currently).

I am always fighting with myself over issues like this one, but in
this case I think you are right, so I've put the workaround in place
to make the test succeed.

I also agree with Garrett that this should be considered a bug: it's
just too easy for users to fall into it and bang their head against a
wall for a few hours before they realize this is the way the code is
actually supposed to work and implementing the workaround in their
own code.

OTOH, I don't know how easy this would be to fix: maybe by keeping
track of partially-parsed documents and calling clone() internally
when a modification attempt is detected? Sounds messy.

	Ugo