abdera-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Stephen Duncan" <stephen.dun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New 0.3.0 candidate zips
Date Sat, 08 Sep 2007 12:53:11 GMT
Hey now, that's a problem...  0.3.0 hasn't been released, but now anybody
using that repo might download a 0.3.0 pre-release as if it's the final
release; and if they don't explicitly delete it from their local repository,
and if we were to deploy new 0.3.0 jars over-the-top of the ones you
deployed (which is normally never allowed for the real central repository),
they wouldn't get the new jars.  Please stick to deploying either SNAPSHOTs
to the snapshot repository, or, if trunk & the 0.3.0 branch aren't the same
anymore, then just stick to installing into your local repository.

I guess typically this would be solved by updating the version number so
that what would have been 0.3.0 final will be something like 0.3.0-1 or
something like that... I imagine that's an unattractive option to those
focused on the Ant build... Any ideas on how to decide if there are any
user's who are going to be bitten by this, and if so, how to solve it?


On 9/6/07, Brian Moseley <bcm@maz.org> wrote:
> On 9/6/07, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> > New 0.3.0 release candidate zips have been uploaded.  The only change is
> > the fix to the character encoding issues we've been discussing.  Please
> > take a look at let me know if you think we're ready to release.
> >
> >   http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera/0.3.0
> >
> > Here's my +1.
> i've deployed the maven artifacts to
> http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/abdera/
> and am giving them a whirl.

Stephen Duncan Jr

  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message