abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r579015 - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk/extensions/json: pom.xml src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/ext/json/JSONServlet.java src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/ext/json/JSONUtil.java src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/ext/json/JSONWriter.java
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 04:07:04 GMT
jmsnell@apache.org wrote:
> Author: jmsnell
> Date: Mon Sep 24 16:13:02 2007
> New Revision: 579015

> Log:
> Reworking of the JSONWriter.  This provides a more complete Atom-to-JSON conversion that
includes extensions, support for atom:feed, app:service, etc.  This should be considered to
be a work in progress rewrite.

> Oh, and this gets rid of the dependence on the third party json.jar.  There is one method
in the new JSONUtil class that was taken from the json.jar.  I will be rewriting that method
soon.  We should be able to completely drop that jar from the dist.

Could be overkill, but there is a new comer to JSON & Java: Jackson
(written by Tatu who wrote woodstox):

http://www.cowtowncoder.com/hatchery/jackson/index.html
http://www.cowtowncoder.com/blog/archives/2007/09/entry_47.html

- Dan