abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Resolvers and Providers and URLs
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 04:20:31 GMT
I'm looking into ways to simplify server side APP development with
Abdera a bit. One of the issues that has posed a problem is that often
knowledge of how your URLs are mapped seem to reside in both the
resolver and the Provider. Even in the "simple" example, we have things
like:

Collection collection = workspace.addCollection("Simple", "atom/feed");

OR

entry.addLink("feed/" + entry.getId().toString(), "edit");

How are other people handling this? Are people hard coding their URL
strucutre into the actual Provider? Does any one have any ideas on how
to better integrate the two concepts so that I need to need to let both
my resolver and my provider know about the URL structure?

Maybe I just need to write a custom Resolver which delegates to my Provider?

Cheers,
- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse