abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Moseley" <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: Resolvers and Providers and URLs
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:25:49 GMT
On 9/10/07, Dan Diephouse <dan.diephouse@mulesource.com> wrote:

> How are other people handling this? Are people hard coding their URL
> strucutre into the actual Provider? Does any one have any ideas on how
> to better integrate the two concepts so that I need to need to let both
> my resolver and my provider know about the URL structure?

i have a helper class that knows about the url structure and is used
by both the target resolver and the provider.

one sort of blue sky idea is to annotate each provider method with a
url pattern and then have abdera process those annotations and build a
mapping of method+provider to url pattern that can be used by a
generic target resolver. this sort of re-casts the provider as a
per-resource helper object, which is how i've wound up using it
anyway.