abdera-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Chris Berry (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (ABDERA-60) Invalid UTF-8 chars in the AbderaClient
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2007 16:10:44 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ABDERA-60?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#action_12524775

Chris Berry commented on ABDERA-60:

I want to point out several incidental facts::

1)  I saw a similar problem with an earlier 0.3. I was mixing the latest woodstox (3.2.1)
with Abdera 
Or more correctly, maven was bringing in some chained dependencies -- one of which brought
in woodstox 3.2.1. 
Abdera was using woodstox 2.0.5 at that time. 
The problem went away when I corrected this problem, using the maven <exclusions> element.
So this problem, exists in code from a long time back...

2) We are using woodstox 3.2.1 in another project with these exact same XMLs without problem.

3)  I ran these XML documents with the supposed invalid chars thru 2 different UTF-8 conversions
as I read them from disk, before putting them into the <content> (As seen in the JUnit)
And I also processed them with the Unix "iconv" utility

So I am pretty darn sure that there are no invalid chars in the XML.

> Invalid UTF-8 chars in the AbderaClient
> ---------------------------------------
>                 Key: ABDERA-60
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ABDERA-60
>             Project: Abdera
>          Issue Type: Bug
>    Affects Versions: 0.3.0
>         Environment: N/A
>            Reporter: Chris Berry
>             Fix For: 0.3.0
>         Attachments: abdera-utf8-bug.tar.gz
> After upgrading to the latest 0.3-SNAPSHOT SVN trunk (on ~8/27/2007)) from a 0.3-SNAPSHOT
download from a couple of months ago
> And after making all required modifications  (to catch up with all the API changes),
I am seeing "Invalid UTF-8"
> Note that these errors only occur in the AbderaClient when I call "entry.getContent()"

> I have attached a small, self-contained JUnit test case which reproduces/demonstrates
this issue.
> It runs and builds out-of-the-box (using mvn install).
> There is also a README.txt that details the output/issue
> This JUnit reproduces the error. It is as small as I could get it. 
> My Atom Store is based on a Store and StoreProvider (based on code I received from Ugo
Cei as a starting point)
> Note that all of the code in src/main/java is relatively fixed between the latest 0.3-SNAPSHOT
and the 0.3-SNAPSHOT that works 
> In other words, my code stayed as fixed as possible, and the latest 0.3-SNAPSHOT is the
only real variable
> I'm not saying that the bug isn't in my code, Only that it never showed up until my upgrade
to 0.3-SNAPSHOT.
> I actually suspect that it may be an issue w/ woodstox, which the latest 0.3-SNAPSHOT
significantly upgrades.
> Note: I have looked very closely at the XML file(s) that is causing this issue. 
> I used the Unix util; "iconv" on them. And AFAICT they do not contain improper UTF-8.
> Chris Berry
> chriswberry at gmail dot com

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.

View raw message