abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject Re: Post 0.3.0
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:42:12 GMT

> After 0.3.0 goes out, I'll be checking in the first bits of the
> annotations stuff.  It's still definitely a work in progress.

IMO, whats needed most is stuff to simplify server side development. This is
next on my list to really dive into, so I'm anxious to see what you've come
up with in this area. Right now its really up to the user to know how to use
the Abdera API. I'd like to see a more "fill in the blanks" type approach.
Much less of a chance of the user (aka me) screwing things up. Maybe
something like:

public interface FeedProvider<T> {

    String getAuthor();
    String getId(T doc);
    String getTitle(T doc);
    String getTitle();
    Date getUpdated(T doc);
    void createContent(Entry e, T doc); // it gets a bit stickier here

}

Although I have no idea if thats really feasible or not.

I've got some code that allows Abdera elements to be sent over XMPP.

Sweet...

My naive impression is that it does seem that most of the stuff at this
point is a layer on top instead of major refactoring inside. It may be good
to make the next release 0.9 or something where the API is cleaned up, and
then move to a 1.0. Additional features could then be tacked on to 1.xreleases.

- Dan
--
Dan Diephouse
Envoi Solutions