abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Dan Diephouse" <...@envoisolutions.com>
Subject server servlet decoupling
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 19:13:19 GMT
I was wondering what people's thoughts were on decoupling the server module
from servlets a bit. This would allow abdera to be frontend by other things
a bit more easily (like a MINA based HTTP server).

I think it would mainly involve two parts
1. Adding a thin wrapper for HttpServletResponse and use that inside the
RequestHandler instead.
2. Stop using Servlet Filters for things like security, and provide some
sort of mechanism to do that inside abdera. (Not sure if this is feasible or
not - I haven't looked into this side of things too much)

Thoughts?

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse