abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Start of a Converter API
Date Sat, 01 Sep 2007 05:06:55 GMT
Ok, I just checked in the beginnings of a Converter API into trunk in
the core module.  The API is simple:

  ConversionContext context = new DefaultConversionContext();
  Foo foo = new Foo();
  Bar bar = context.convert(foo);

Basically, a Converter takes something and converts it into another
thing.  The ConversionContext handles all of the details.  I'm currently
working on a set of Converters that will transform a pojo model into
Atom objects using annotations and conventions.

The mechanism is designed to be as flexible as possible without getting
way out of control and it should be possible to use other kinds of
marshalling frameworks along with this.

Please take a look and let me know if you think this is heading in the
right direction. Feel free to make changes :-)

- James