abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Diephouse <dan.diepho...@mulesource.com>
Subject Re: json.jar (post 0.3.0)
Date Fri, 31 Aug 2007 23:43:14 GMT
James M Snell wrote:
> It seems to me that since we're now packaging extension jars separately,
> we could probably get away with merging the json.jar we're building in
> dependencies with the json extension and just ship a single jar.  The
> package names would stay the same.  Whatcha think?
>
> - James

Sounds good - maven will still publish the module jars for us in case
people want to use them. This is probably a stupid question - but does
the json jar ever change? Could we just release the jar once and be done
with it?

On a related topic - what do people think about consolidating to just
one build system (preferrably maven). The maven build would need some
cleanup, like the addition of a module which builds a single jar, but
thats easy enough for someone to do. I'll volunteer to get it into shape
if people are down with this, but I'm pretty sure this will elicit some
"we hate Maven" feelings :-).

- Dan

--
Dan Diephouse