abdera-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 0.3.0 branch created
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 23:43:50 GMT
Doh! You're right. I completely missed that one.  I've updated EntityTag
in trunk and the 0.3.0 branch so that the * is supported.  If you would,
please give it another shot.  There's no reason to rush so we can
definitely wait until you've had another chance to look it over.  I'll
roll the new zip's in a couple of minutes.

- James

Brian Moseley wrote:
> On 8/28/07, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Please kick the tires, check the oil, etc etc.  The zips have been
>> rolled and are available at:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera/0.3.0/abdera.0.3.0-incubating.zip
>> http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera/0.3.0/abdera.0.3.0-incubating.jdk142.zip
>> http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera/0.3.0/abdera.0.3.0-incubating.src.zip
> 
> i just updated cosmo to use these jars and only ran into one problem.
> it was using a snapshot of 0.3.0 from before the great server package
> reorganization, so most of the work was just updating import
> statements and moving to Resolver and ItemManager.
> 
> the problem i found is that AbstractRequest doesn't handle the case
> where a client sends an If-Match or If-None-Match header with the
> value "*", which indicates "any entity for the resource". this was ok
> when Request.getIfMatch and Request.getIfNoneMatch returned String
> instead of EntityTag[], but now there's no good way to handle this
> case other than looking at getHeader("If-Match") directly, which is
> pretty cheesy.
> 
> otherwise, my initial testing indicates that all looks good. i'll try
> to make a more extensive whack at it later this week, but don't wait
> for me.
> 

Mime
View raw message