abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Post 0.3.0
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2007 23:55:21 GMT
I haven't really dug into any detail on specific refactorings for the
server module.  I like the idea of having some way of allowing an
implementor to provide builder objects to use with a default provider
implementation; I'm just not sure how best to go about it.

Regarding the versioning; I'm sure the other committers have their own
thoughts on this, but I had originally considered keeping all incubation
releases as 0.N and only doing a 1.0 release only after we graduate.
Doing so gives us an excuse to keep things fluid and not lock down the
API too prematurely and allows us to get plenty of field experience with
the code to shake out any bugs.  N.0 releases always seem so official
and rigid :-).  That said, I wouldn't have any strong objections to
putting out a 1.0 in the not too distant future.

- James