abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <pque...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Working towards graduation
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2007 18:44:01 GMT
James M Snell wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I've been thinking that we need to start thinking about getting Abdera
> off the incubator and into its own top level project.  As a TLP, the
> Abdera core could provide the foundation for the server, client and
> extensions modules to flourish as sub-projects in their own right.

My biggest concerns with going TLP is the lack of committers.

In the last 2 months, there have been three people committing:
James, Ugo and Stephen.

But 98% of the commits have been by James.

Traditionally the bar for projects has been 3-4 active committers.  And
while at some level we do have 3, I'm not sure that is a good
characterization.

The simple question you have to ask is: If any single person was hit by
a bus today, would the project still be able to thrive.

Personally, I think the answer is no, right now.

However, In every other regard, I think Abdera is ready to graduate.

-Paul