abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Constabaris <a...@clownsinmycoffee.net>
Subject Re: Writing documentation
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:14:42 GMT
Dan Diephouse wrote:
> I really like using Confluence. Its sooo much easier than using DocBook or
> HTML. We've been using it for CXF quite successfully:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/index.html
> http://incubator.apache.org/cxf/
>
> It also makes it so anyone (i.e. users) can help write documentation with
> very little work. I'm often able to tell people "just click edit" and we've
> gotten some pretty good docs that way.
>
> YMMV :-)

Wikis are a good way to get your hands on the documentation. One of the
considerations I put a great deal of weight on is how to bundle up the
documents as part of the build process, and one thing that makes that
easier is having all the source documents in the build tree.

I'll note, before I shut myself up entirely on the issue, that you can
possibly get the best of both worlds:

http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de/DocBook

OK, that's enough outta me =)

AC