abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Constabaris <a...@clownsinmycoffee.net>
Subject Re: Writing documentation
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:11:05 GMT
Ugo,

I don't know if this would fit your near term goal, but I *really* like
DocBook for this sort of task; combined with the standard XSLT
distribution, it can generate top-notch output in multiple formats.  The
Velocity project has a DocBook based sub-project based around a custom
ant task, which lets you generate customizable output, using the DocBook
project's own XSLT distribution.  I haven't looked deep enough into it
to see whether one could integrate the DBF (as they call it) directly
into the project, but it doesn't seem to me like that's outside the
realm of possibility.

The only real hitch with DocBook, besides learning the schema, is
authoring.  I believe this is not much of a problem for whoever would be
generating the documentation for Abdera =)

Velocity DocBook Framework: http://velocity.apache.org/docbook/

XXE: [ Free-beer-for-OSS-projects DocBook editor]

http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/persoedition.html

cheers,

AC