abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@sourcesense.com>
Subject Re: Writing documentation
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 13:54:50 GMT

On Aug 9, 2007, at 3:11 PM, Adam Constabaris wrote:

> I don't know if this would fit your near term goal, but I *really*
> like DocBook for this sort of task; combined with the standard XSLT
> distribution, it can generate top-notch output in multiple
> formats.  The Velocity project has a DocBook based sub-project
> based around a custom ant task, which lets you generate
> customizable output, using the DocBook project's own XSLT
> distribution.  I haven't looked deep enough into it to see whether
> one could integrate the DBF (as they call it) directly into the
> project, but it doesn't seem to me like that's outside the realm of
> possibility.

I had started refactoring our current docs to the XDoc format, since
it is easy to go from XHTML to XDoc, however XDoc is really poor, so
I like the idea of going with DocBook instead, or more likely
Simplified DocBook, which is (or should be, I've already found a
couple of problems) supported by the Maven Site plugin. This way we
can build the HTML version of the docs with a simple "mvn site" command.

> XXE: [ Free-beer-for-OSS-projects DocBook editor]
>
> http://www.xmlmind.com/xmleditor/persoedition.html

Installed and started using it. Looks cool so far.

	Ugo

--
Ugo Cei
Blog: http://agylen.com/