abdera-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Brian Moseley" <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: 0.3.0 branch created
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2007 18:45:14 GMT
On 8/28/07, James M Snell <jasnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please kick the tires, check the oil, etc etc.  The zips have been
> rolled and are available at:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera/0.3.0/abdera.0.3.0-incubating.zip
> http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera/0.3.0/abdera.0.3.0-incubating.jdk142.zip
> http://people.apache.org/~jmsnell/abdera/0.3.0/abdera.0.3.0-incubating.src.zip

i just updated cosmo to use these jars and only ran into one problem.
it was using a snapshot of 0.3.0 from before the great server package
reorganization, so most of the work was just updating import
statements and moving to Resolver and ItemManager.

the problem i found is that AbstractRequest doesn't handle the case
where a client sends an If-Match or If-None-Match header with the
value "*", which indicates "any entity for the resource". this was ok
when Request.getIfMatch and Request.getIfNoneMatch returned String
instead of EntityTag[], but now there's no good way to handle this
case other than looking at getHeader("If-Match") directly, which is
pretty cheesy.

otherwise, my initial testing indicates that all looks good. i'll try
to make a more extensive whack at it later this week, but don't wait
for me.

Mime
View raw message