abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Moseley" <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: Working towards graduation
Date Fri, 24 Aug 2007 21:42:43 GMT
On 8/23/07, Garrett Rooney <rooneg@electricjellyfish.net> wrote:

> Anyway, just my thoughts, I'd be curious what others think on the subject.

i agree with everything you said and am pretty pleased with what's
been accomplished.

i haven't been active yet due to my recent vacation and because my
work on cosmo has been in a different area for the last several weeks
(focused on webdav rather than atom). i'll be rolling back around to
atom work pretty soon tho, and i'll have to update cosmo to the new
server apis, which means i'll probably have some enhancements to roll
back in.

for what it's worth, there is a lot of server infrastructure in abdera
that could very easily be extracted into a general rest-protocol
framework. i've copied a lot of it in my recent dav work. that same
infrastructure probably heavily overlaps with the jsr 311 work too,
and i'll be looking at whether or not that's a direction we want to
go.