abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Garrett Rooney" <roo...@electricjellyfish.net>
Subject Re: svn commit: r555349 [1/2] - in /incubator/abdera/java/trunk: build/ examples/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/examples/appserver/ protocol/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/protocol/ protocol/src/main/java/org/apache/abdera/protocol/util/ security/
Date Wed, 11 Jul 2007 18:21:28 GMT
On 7/11/07, jmsnell@apache.org <jmsnell@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: jmsnell
> Date: Wed Jul 11 11:07:36 2007
> New Revision: 555349

> Log:
> Refactoring of the server code and improvements to the security code
>
>   * Refactor the service module packages to improve code organization and reduce the
overall number of packages and interfaces
>   * Give Provider implementations more control over how to route requests and the option
to support new http methods (such as PATCH)
>   * Additional utility methods to make server implementation easier
>
>   * General improvements to the utility servlet filters in the Security module.
>   * Initial (but still untested) support for encrypted requests
>
>   * Initial (but still untested) support for gzip/deflate compressed responses... only
useful, of course, when using a server that does
>     not support compression automatically

Just a bit of a meta comment.  I'm sure this is a vast improvement
over the existing code, but it also mixes a large number of different
changes together into one commit and is rather vague as to what
exactly was changed.  I wouldn't even know where to start reviewing
this commit, as I can't tell from the log message what you've done.
In the future, PLEASE split this kind of change up into separate
commits that each do one thing.  Yes, it will take you longer, but
spending a little more time writing the code opens it up for review
and thus improves things for everyone.

-garrett