abdera-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian Moseley" <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: Annotations
Date Mon, 30 Jul 2007 21:56:33 GMT

> The main question I have is whether or not this would be useful enough
> to go through the trouble of implementing it.  Thoughts?

i can certainly imagine this mechanism being useful.

you'd need to account for the fact that sometimes (often?) the
conversion of a bean to an entry requires calculation of element
values in collaboration with objects that aren't directly associated
with the bean itself. for instance, imagine a converter that uses a
ResourceLocator to serialize a bean into an entry with IRIs calculated
based on the state of the ResourceLocator. one way to handle this
would be to let converters be pluggable.