abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RSS code
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 17:51:51 GMT
Checked in!  Warning... I wrote this code yesterday.  It's very rough
and definitely has bugs.  It is quite incomplete at the moment.  I will
be fleshing it out over the coming weeks but feel free to get in and
play around as well.

The way this works is simple... once the build script that I have yet to
write builds the jar, folks simply need to drop that jar into the
classpath.  They can then start parsing RSS feeds.  There are
limitations and peculiarities to the API mapping that I will document
once I've figured them all out ;-).  This code is designed only to read
RSS feeds and not produce them, so all mod operations will (eventually)
result in an UnsupportedOperationException.  The idea is to get
something that works reasonable well with as many RSS feeds as possible,
not necessary to get something that works perfectly with all RSS feeds.

- James