abdera-dev mailing list archives

From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject RSS code
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 15:30:24 GMT
All,

I've implemented a set of extension classes that implement the Abdera
core APIs on top of RSS 2.0 and 1.0 feeds.  In other words, I can do
stuff like:

  URL url = new URL("http://scripting.com/rss.xml");
  Document<Feed> doc = abdera.getParser().parse(url.openStream());
  Feed feed = doc.getRoot();
  for (Entry entry : feed.getEntries()) {
    System.out.println(entry.getTitle());
  }

It is implemented just like any other extension and requires no
modifications to the core Abdera code.  It's not 100% complete yet, but
I wanted to check to see if there would be interest in checking it in to
the project, perhaps in a "contrib" module.

Several points:

  - it only reads RSS feeds. It cannot produce RSS.
  - it maintains the RSS infoset, it does not convert the data to Atom,
    it just looks like Atom at the API level
  - it does not handle non-wellformed feeds yet
  - it's not 100% complete yet

- James