abdera-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Constabaris <a...@clownsinmycoffee.net>
Subject Re: Dependency updates
Date Sat, 26 May 2007 22:15:11 GMT
James M Snell wrote:
> I've updated a number of dependencies. The ant build is working fine. We
> need one of our mavenites to update the maven build to match.
>
> - James

A somewhat flawed patch for the POM files is attached.  The tests
complete successfully, and a cheap smoke test fetching a service
document from a server running an older snapshot produced expected results.

There's one minor roadblock and one question, and I made an unrequested
change.  The unrequested change is that instead of using the hardcoded
version everywhere, I substituted ${parent.version} and
${project.version}.  It's a bit pedantic, since it doesn't save much
work when changing versions (each sub-project still needs to know the
parent's version #; I believe maven 2.1 may address this ...)  If that
seems pointless/foolish, I can back that part out and re-post.

Now for the roadblock: xmlsec 1.4.1 is not currently available in the
main maven repo; it appears there's no ASF maven repo the xmlsec folks
might be using to point at, so the POM still references 1.3.0.  The
question is why woodstox 3.1.1, while 3.2.1 is available?

AC