abdera-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From James M Snell <jasn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Codec/UtilityTest issue?
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 23:13:04 GMT
Checked in!  thanks!

Adam Constabaris wrote:
> Exchanging a literal é for \u0059 allows the tests to pass.  Patch
> attached.
> 
> cheers,
> 
> AC
> 
> 
> .Adam Constabaris wrote:
>> James M Snell wrote:
>>> Yeah, the challenge I have with this is that it makes the test
>>> circular... testing the output of a function against the output of the
>>> same function.  We need to understand why the test is failing on the Mac
>>> and figure out if it's something we need to fix.
>>>
>>> - James
>>>   
>>
>> Both OSes think their respective copies are encoded as UTF-8;  I tried
>> iconv to iso-8859-1, and for fun, to utf-8, with the same results. 
>> One thing I didn't try yet was replacing the é  in the test string
>> with \u00e9, which should answer that question.  I'll try that when I
>> can get some time later.  If none of that pans out, I'll start
>> exploring the JVM angle.
>>

Mime
View raw message